February 24, 2009

Happy birthday Carter!

Contrary to his expression here, Carter had a grand time at his birthday party! He seriously ran, jumped and laughed for 3 hours straight! He is such a delight--so smart and playful and compassionate. He can count to 13 all by himself; he sings and asks me to sing with him constantly; when someone is sad or another kid is crying he walks over very concerned and says, "what's wrong? It's okay." I know it's so cliche, but it's really hard to believe he's already 2. I seriously can hardly remember when he was a baby. I guess that means it's time for another one--we think so, too! Here is the Elmo cake I made...it took forever to frost, but it's kind of fun!
Carter was so funny opening presents, he wanted to play with what he opened right away and it was torture making him open the other presents...that'll change before too long I think!

Carter and Ixchel blowing on noise makers--there was a lot of spit swapping I'm afraid.




Three cheers for Carter, our darling little boy!






2 comments:

Mel said...

Wow - Awesome cake! Happy birthday Carter!

Sarah said...

spit swapping, huh? sounds like the cousin of kissing to me!